Unlock the speed limit of your electric bike with a tuning dongle kit. Unleash the full speed of your ebike engine and ride it like a derestricted e-bike should be!
Compatible with the latest Bosch 2020 FW upgrade (increased torque to 85NM)
Compatible with all BOSCH engines (2013 – 2020) such as Active Line, Active Line Plus, Performance Line, Performance CX Line, including motors of the 4th generation (MY2020) with anti-tuning software.
The VOLspeed tuning chips are one of the most popular e-bike tuning devices on the market. Their popularity is due to their unique engine optimisation feature that allows to reduce the annoying ‘wall effect’ of the engine when reaching maximum speed. This tuning chip completely unlock your engine to 99km/h. Another appealing feature is that the speed limit can be adjusted for reduced battery consumption. Even with the tuning active all data on the display remain accurate.
The tuning hardware is completely incapsulated and protected by a rigid casing which guarantee for toughness, impermeability, and thus hardware longevity. The VOLspeed is manufactured in Germany.
• Individual activation code to prevent unauthorised riders to activate the tuning.
• Completely unlock the engine for speed up to 99km/h.
• Set your own speed limit to adjust or reduce battery consumption.
• All settings can be easily made using the display control buttons.
• The tuning is always switched off after switching on the bike.
• Correct total mileage of the bike even after removing the tuning module, as the kilometres are tracked in the engine control by the tuning module.
• Range calculation remain accurate even with the tuning active.
• Set a ‘softer control behaviour’ (dynamic mode) which reduces the annoying engine abrupt cut-off. This allows for a more pleasant driving experience and a constant pedal stroke.
• Battery percentage remain accurate even with the tuning activated. In active mode the battery range is calculated as: Interval: 4 second range, 1 second battery level.
• Workshop mode: Deactivate the module completely, e.g. if a workshop visit is due.
• The module is around 40 percent smaller than in the previous models for a better fit into the engine compartment.
• The electronics are completely encapsulated in the housing, making them absolutely waterproof.
• Does not require any diagnostic tool for installation.
EASY TO INSTALL
The VOLspeed tuning chip comes with original plugs and colour-coded wires for an easy and perfect fit. Installation manuals and videos provide step by step detailed instructions and are easy to follow and understand. The VOLspeed does not require any diagnostic tool for installation.
The tuning module is plugged into the connections of the drive unit. These are located under the left engine cover. Depending on the type of bicycle, you will need different tools to remove this cover. Most of the time you will need an ISIS crank puller and a Torx TX20 wrench. You can purchase a crank puller from us.
Note COBI.bike / SmartphoneHub
If you use the tuning together with a COBI.bike or SmartphoneHub, the operation changes. We have summarized the
Note software updates
We generally advise against software updates for the Bosch drive system after installing a tuning module. It cannot be guaranteed that the tuning module will also be compatible with future software versions of the drive system.
Case dimensions: 37mm x 19mm x 9mm
Cable length: approx 180mm
Power consumption: 0.2W
Supply voltage: 12VDC
WEEE reg. No. DE35476192
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
The operation of modified electric bike on public roads may be against the law in some countries. The seller takes no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of tuning products. Electric bikes equipped with tuning products can be used exclusively on private property and entirely at one’s own risk. The use of tunings may void the warranty of your e-bike. We strongly recommend using safety features and protective gear to prevent injuries at higher speeds.